Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius Tuner Location

Old 04-04-2007, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Tuner Location

I haven't taken the dash apart yet to do any scouting, but I was wondering where the Sirius box is located? I'm going to install my new head unit and XM this weekend (if the wiring harness shows up in time) and I am hoping to make use of that space (since I didn't get Sirius) for my XM component.

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe there is no sirius box. The tuner is integrated into the HU I believe - could someone confirm this?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
I believe there is no sirius box. The tuner is integrated into the HU I believe - could someone confirm this?
I don't know about this. It may be true, but I know that you can buy just the Sirius box thru Mopar, so I was just guessing.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you're looking for space to put a receiver, AND don't have the Infinity 7-speaker setup, check under/behind the steering column dash panel. That's where the Infinity amp goes on the 7-speaker system, and the space is probably large enough to mount an XM receiver. (I'm assuming of course that you're not talking about a mount location where you can access receiver controls)

I've got the Sirius setup, and the antenna wire goes straight into the head unit-- no extra receiver as there was in previous year models.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! Guess I'll see what things look like when I get the dash apart.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:40 AM
JK Newbie

where is the antenna for the Sirius? I didnt get the built in Sirius satellite option, but got one aftermarket and want to know where to mount the antenna for it.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:29 AM
JK Freak

the anntena goes right on the roll bar and works fine through hard or soft top.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Mopar Sirius antenna goes from the back of the head unit, under the lower trim on the passenger side, up the roll bar column w/the sound bar, and attaches on the roll bar behind the passenger seat.

The antenna puck itself is specially shaped to fit in a spot on the roll bar-- I'm not sure if an aftermarket antenna will fit adequately.

I had a Sirius PnP kit in my JK before getting the factory system installed, and had the antenna puck wedged between the sound bar and the hard top. Worked okay, though I think the hard top did interfere with its signal strength somewhat-- probably due to my haphazard placement more than anything.

The mopar antenna gets excellent reception from its spot under the hard top, so if you really want it mounted there I'd say go for it.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrAvELAr
Thanks! Guess I'll see what things look like when I get the dash apart.
give a shout if you need some help. I've taken my dash off a couple times. i'm in the Towson area.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

I sent you a message about buying your stock unit, if your wanting to sell it.

Quick Reply: Sirius Tuner Location