Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Songs from Memory stick to MyGig

Old 12-26-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Songs from Memory stick to MyGig

Do I just upload the mp3 files to the stick and plug it in the MyGiG?

And when I upload real CD's, MyGiG pulls the CD title and Song Titles so I can sort by artist, song, etc. Is this possible with mp3 uploaded to the My GiG via a memory stick?

Thanks all.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

As long as the song information is in your MP3's, the mygig will bring it in. Just load the MP3's on the root drive of your USB drive, and insert it. The menu for loading songs will come up. (Don't put them in folders on the USB drive, because mygig does not seem to have the ability to browse through them.)

I don't have one in my jk, but my wife's new Liberty has one.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:35 PM
JK Super Freak

x2. However you have them on your PC and transfer them to the Memory Stick is how they will show up on the mygig. For Ex. I use Itunes. I have all my music sorted by artist, album, etc. I put my memory stick in my desktop and just drug the music from Itunes onto the stick. Put the stick in the mygig and bam there is the music sorted and all. Hope that helps ya some
Andrew
Old 12-27-2007, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

I loaded my MP3's from a USB memory stick to the mygig. The songs were loaded on the stick in alphabetical order. The software of the Mygig organizes them by artist, album, etc. I don't think it has anything to do with how they are organized on the memory stick. Also dragging your itunes music on to the stick will only work if the files are in MP3 format. Apples format cannot be played by the mygig.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you organize your music on your memory stick by folder then the individual folder names will will translate to playlist names on the mygig. This only works on first level folders. MyGig doesn't recognize music in folders inside of other folders.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by edubreuil
. Also dragging your itunes music on to the stick will only work if the files are in MP3 format. Apples format cannot be played by the mygig.
All of my music in Itunes is from CDs and such. No purchased music from the Itunes store.

Quick Reply: Songs from Memory stick to MyGig