Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

sound system help

Old 02-29-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sound system help

Question. I want to put a 10" speaker under my seat. Does anyone know whats the best way to make a box for the speaker. I want to make it a tight fit. Also what low profile speakers should I get and the size of the amp.? I dont care to have loud base. I just want it to sound good. I was told it would be about $550 for everything and install. Is that to much?

thanks
Old 03-08-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

bumpppppp.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do a search, there is a guy on here that built a custom box under his back seats with lots of photos. The drawback was that he couldn't fold the back seats down anymore. Also JulietKilo has posted many threads on sound system upgrades. Check him out, he did alot of research.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by imacb278
Do a search, there is a guy on here that built a custom box under his back seats with lots of photos. The drawback was that he couldn't fold the back seats down anymore. Also JulietKilo has posted many threads on sound system upgrades. Check him out, he did alot of research.
saw that one. it was great. For me though I take the back seat out completely and am wondering if I can fit a shallow ten underneath the front seat.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its pretty tight under there, I'm sure its possible, kicker makes a 10" that is less than 5" deep I think the sealed box volume is .8 to 3 cu ft, thats pretty small. The ported would obviously be larger then that.

Quick Reply: sound system help