Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Soundbar speaker Wire Help please!

Old 07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soundbar speaker Wire Help please!

Hey guys, I was wondering about the wires that run up to the sound bar. I am going to box a set of 6x9's under the rear seat, and wanted to tie into the sound bar wiring.

Problem... The speaker wires are a different colour to the ones I identified going up to soundbar from the B pillar................ Any experience to share?

I want the colour of wires that go to the left sound bar speaker, and the colour of the wires that go to the right sound bar speaker please!?

Thanks a bunch!

Paul
Old 07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

In case no one gets back to you soon enough, why not just unplug and figure out? Or, since you may end up splicing into them anyway cut one side and go from there.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man this isn't your dads old f150. I wouldnt go splicing and tapping wires. If you do tap into those you need to make sure the impedence stays the same. those are 2ohm speakers up there. I am not an electronic engineer so hopefully one will chime in here (frank where are you?) but if those 6x9s you bought are 4 ohm, then I would change the soundbar speakers to some 4 ohm ones also. then run each channel in parallel to create a 2 ohm load.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

The wires on top are different in colour at the speaker .................. I looked where they were plugged up. The loom that goes up there has different colours, hence the question....

I am not going to use the soundbar speakers for now. The 6x9's are there till I go with an amp and sub. Then It will be a component set up front, 2 way in the soundbar. Right now I want some more sound with the boxed 6x9's.

Thanks

Paul
Old 07-18-2008, 02:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by leadoverdistance
.....................I want the colour of wires that go to the left sound bar speaker, and the colour of the wires that go to the right sound bar speaker please!?
Thanks a bunch!
Paul
Found this in an old post...Hope this helps....

Old 07-19-2008, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Aldaman ......... That is the dirt I was looking for!

Paul
Old 07-19-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are the impedence of the 6x9s? the factory speakers are 2 ohm. I know it is a pain in a rear but it is important to keep impedance the same. From what I know it is like changing resistance across a circuit. You can make things burn up.

Quick Reply: Soundbar speaker Wire Help please!