Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Speaker upgrade

Old 04-24-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker upgrade

I want to say thanks to everyone who posts what they do and how they do it. This is my first Jeep, and I'm really liking it.

After searching and reading many threads, I did some speaker upgrades.
( This is on a factory 6 disc, non-infinity. )

First I replaced the bar speakers with some Polk db651's and can tell a nice difference. I can hear them now, and actually turned the front's down some.
I made my own wire connects, as my local shop didn't have the factory wire adapters. I may still get some from Crutchfield if I have any issues.
( Thanks for the post Enteric! )

Next I got the fusion sub from fry's and wired it in, with some help.
( I was nervous about going through the firewall, and also drilling the floor for the mounts. )
I did go ahead and use the fusion brackets, but riveted insted of using the screws. I was suprised by the sound from a $100 tube, I had to turn the gain down to balance the sound out.
( thanks BullsJK !)

Also thanks to JulietKilo for the wiring diagrams!

All in all, I'm very happy with the $200 I spent, and several people have commented on what a difference it is.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad to hear it all worked out for you. Welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Speaker upgrade