Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Starter Problem Help/Update "dont you just skip over the thread"!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter Problem Help/Update "dont you just skip over the thread"!!!

so after hitting it a couple times lightly with a rubber mallet, the jeep started right up. so i ordered a new starter, and it came in today, the same day as the jeep died again. so i pulled off the heat shielding and the small yellow wire was disconnected. so i reconnected it and the jeep started fine again. do i still need to replace the starter? or is it ok? i have a feeling that it was just a disconnection problem
Old 03-01-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

i hope it stays on, ill keep the starter for a while just to see
Old 03-02-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Make sure you use a lock washer when you bolt that wire back on, otherwise it's going to come off again. Seems like that was missed on production.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loose wires are no fun. Always reclean contacts with wire brushes/files etc. and make secure connections. I often use a Conductive lubricant. I use it on my boat and model trains where metal touches metal in connectors etc. Great on clamped wires too in places where the elements may cause corrosion.

Fair warning: if the grease can contact other electrical components it will cause a short.

Here is an example of the product:
http://www.micromark.com/SearchResul...tive+lubricant

Quick Reply: Starter Problem Help/Update "dont you just skip over the thread"!!!