Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stock Infinity and full soundbar volume!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Amp is located under the steering wheel, if you pop out those 2 panels directly below the steering wheel your amp is right there.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cufojeep
I'm going to play the wimp here and wait for some more input.
If I'm spending the money, SWMBO is going to want to hear some real improvement. It would be my luck to get it, install it, and find out that it does squat for me!

I am to, only because before I sink any significant money into the stock setup I want to know it will be worth while, otherwise I'll invest it in the aftermarket.

So looking forward to additional responses from those who are trying this!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reasoning behind me trying to get the most I can from the head unit is so that it's not as attractive for a thief when I have the top down. Now days they usually only steal the after market hu so if it all looks factory hopefully I won't have a problem. With that said the system is pretty great except for the soundbar being limited by the amp and maybe this is the answer .....I ordered from mopar parts america and won't have it for 2 weeks because they did not have them available when I get it I'll let everyone know.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I totally agree, keeping the H/U stock keeps some of the attention from being focused inside your Jeep. One of my motivations as well. If the results are all positive, I'll get the amp and just upgrade the soundbar speakers for a little extra spice.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rico
The Amp is located under the steering wheel, if you pop out those 2 panels directly below the steering wheel your amp is right there.
would never think to look there, thanks
Old 05-10-2008, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

So you changed your factory Infinity Amp for another OEM Infinity amp from a Dodge Nitro and it created more volume from the sound bar?

I have a Sahara and I had the dealer flash my amp for free and I have solid volume from the sound bar. Even with the top off going 60mph you can hear every word from the sound bar and the thump from the factory sub.

I don't understand the ned for another factory amp?
Old 05-10-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just tried it and there is no difference in the volume of the front speakers and the sound bar speakers. However, on my 07 JK X Unlimited with the base factory stereo system the rear speakers were muted but that is not the case on my 08 JK Sahara. I am getting the full range of sound.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThugNiga
Just tried it and there is no difference in the volume of the front speakers and the sound bar speakers. However, on my 07 JK X Unlimited with the base factory stereo system the rear speakers were muted but that is not the case on my 08 JK Sahara. I am getting the full range of sound.
So, when I get my free oil change later this month I can ask the dealer to flash my amp and I'll get the same full sound as if I bought the Nitro amp?

Last edited by cufojeep; 05-10-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you have the Infinity Sound System then, yes. If you have the base model stock stereo system in the JK X Unlimited then, no. (because it doesn't have an amp)
Old 05-10-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

How this all came about, when I first purchased my 08 Sahara I had popping in the rear speakers. So I took the TSB report into the dealer and they reflashed my amp and after that my system was louder and clearer than before.

Quick Reply: Stock Infinity and full soundbar volume!