Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stock sub

Old 03-21-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock sub

I am looking to pick up a stock sub and stock enclosure to put into my 2012 JKU sport. My question is if I already had the amp in my rig or if I need to pick that up too? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any idea?????
Old 03-21-2013, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Well, if it didn't come with one from the factory. You're going to need an amp and a LOC to tap into. Assuming you have the factory head unit. Funny you post this, just in another thread someone wants to do the same thing. If you try to buy the plastic panel sub enclosure- its about $430! Crazy! Ive been looking to buy one for months, and trade my panel. No luck.

If you go through the trouble of getting one, and adding an amp. You don't want the stock sub anyway.

Good luck!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mr_alex2
Well, if it didn't come with one from the factory. You're going to need an amp and a LOC to tap into. Assuming you have the factory head unit. Funny you post this, just in another thread someone wants to do the same thing. If you try to buy the plastic panel sub enclosure- its about $430! Crazy! Ive been looking to buy one for months, and trade my panel. No luck.

If you go through the trouble of getting one, and adding an amp. You don't want the stock sub anyway.

Good luck!
Yea that's kinda what I was thinking. There is a guy selling his stock sub enclosure and amp for $100 though so I'm tempted. But I'm not really looking for impressive sound or really loud base so I was thinking the stock set up might be worth it for me.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

Make sure it fits you jeep. I believe the 2011 and up are the same.

Quick Reply: Stock sub