Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stop the Truck-Lite flicker

Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop the Truck-Lite flicker

Like many others, I also have the flicker issue with my new generation LED headlights. I am getting ready to pull the trigger and purchase the correct harness from Susquehanna, then I found this from TLG-Auto for half the price. Has anyone tried this?

TLG-Auto | Top Line Group Automotive 350z Fiero Corvette NSX and MR2 Lighting and Accessories

Look under Truck-Lite and you will find their anti-flicker harness.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump.........
Old 12-10-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

last week i installed some JW Speaker LED headlights. I also have the flicker issue ( i assume the TL and JW flicker are caused by the same thing, and should have the same solution). I have been looking for a way to get rid of it. What i've found so far is the $120 wire harness (no thanks). Then i figure i could probably make my own wire harness. Few feet of wire and a couple relays, the job would be done. Then i also found this product that i am considering from DDM Tuning. Its technically for HID lights, but i think it will work. I have been trying to contact their tech support to find out, but no one ever answers the phone. Its only $15, so i might just give it a shot. Take a look, http:// www . ddmtuning . com/Products/Error-Code-Eliminator-3-PAIR
Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Hmm this is very tempting. I was going to wait for Truck-Lite to come out with there version of the harness, but might have to get this instead.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
Like many others, I also have the flicker issue with my new generation LED headlights. I am getting ready to pull the trigger and purchase the correct harness from Susquehanna, then I found this from TLG-Auto for half the price. Has anyone tried this?

TLG-Auto | Top Line Group Automotive 350z Fiero Corvette NSX and MR2 Lighting and Accessories

Look under Truck-Lite and you will find their anti-flicker harness.
Damn... I went with SMS harness and too bad I busted a tab off the part mounted on the firewall, otherwise might try to return this one and go with the one from TLG. If you get it, let me know how it works out. Guess I can't complain too much--my SMS harness + TLs are flawless so far. Not even a decrease in light durning engine startup, not to mention no flicker at idle.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pickick
last week i installed some JW Speaker LED headlights. I also have the flicker issue ( i assume the TL and JW flicker are caused by the same thing, and should have the same solution). I have been looking for a way to get rid of it. What i've found so far is the $120 wire harness (no thanks). Then i figure i could probably make my own wire harness. Few feet of wire and a couple relays, the job would be done. Then i also found this product that i am considering from DDM Tuning. Its technically for HID lights, but i think it will work. I have been trying to contact their tech support to find out, but no one ever answers the phone. Its only $15, so i might just give it a shot. Take a look, http:// www . ddmtuning . com/Products/Error-Code-Eliminator-3-PAIR
i thought the new jw speakers built after august had a new built in harness that stops the flicker? maybe u got an old set.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

the tlg harness seems nice but expensive for what it is
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a TL rep on the forum? They're definitely holding up alot of sales with this issue. I wonder if they can reconfigure the H13 harness??
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default ???

Why don't I notice any flicker with my Trucklites? I have a 2013 JKUR. How much of a flicker are people getting?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by drpericak
Why don't I notice any flicker with my Trucklites? I have a 2013 JKUR. How much of a flicker are people getting?
It is very subtle, at least in my case. When the lights first got to me, one of them flickered like a strobe light. I had that one replaced I thought that was the flicker that everyone was talking about. But it is very subtle. When stopped, if you stare at the light in front of you (best if there is a car right in front of you) you can see it.

Quick Reply: Stop the Truck-Lite flicker