Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Strange Power Window Problem

Old 05-11-2017, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Power Window Problem

Hi all,

First off I'm very new to the Jeep community. I recently purchased a used 2011 JKU Sport and I just ran into what seems to be a very odd power window problem. I've searched through quite a few power window posts but haven't found one matching my situation.

When both front windows are down I can roll up and down the drivers side and I can roll up or down the passenger side, so both sides physically work, however once 1 of those windows are in the up position if I try to roll up the other window it first rolls down the one that is currently up before rolling up the one I'm trying to control and this happens to both sides. If I try to raise both at the same time nothing happens. So basically I can't get both front windows up at the same time currently. Restarting doesn't help and I tried disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes but that hasn't done anything either.

Seems like it must be at the switch cluster but the symptoms seem very strange to me, any ideas?

Thanks
Old 05-12-2017, 06:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Sounds like you have a ghost that is messing with you. LOL.

That is a very odd issue indeed. Haven't heard that one before. It kinda seems like this would be more of a TIPM issue than the switch cluster itself. Don't suppose you have a buddy who you'd be able to swap switches with for a moment to see if it was the cluster itself. They pop in and out really easily. Subscribed to see if anyone else has a thought.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resolved

I just thought I would close the loop in case anyone else happens to encounter the issue. It did indeed turn out to be the switch cluster that was causing the problem, all is well again.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2017, 06:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Originally Posted by CelticCrow
I just thought I would close the loop in case anyone else happens to encounter the issue. It did indeed turn out to be the switch cluster that was causing the problem, all is well again.

Thanks
Glad you figured it out. Pretty painless remedy.

Quick Reply: Strange Power Window Problem