Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Strange Problem

Old 03-05-2019, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Strange Problem

Hi Everyone. I'm a newbie here so if the answer to this already exists my apologies. I have a 2013 JKU Sport. The Satellite radio, CD player, and IPod all work perfectly every time I turn the unit on, but the FM/AM only works intermittently. I'll be driving along and the radio will cut out even though the station info and all presets still work. Then it will just come back on for a bit till it stops again. Has anyone got a clue for me? Thanks JWaz.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Is this a factory or aftermarket stereo? Perhaps the connection for the antenna is loose at the back of the head unit?
Old 03-05-2019, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Is this a factory or aftermarket stereo? Perhaps the connection for the antenna is loose at the back of the head unit?
This is the factory unit. I've never had a problem before or tried to make any mods to the system. I just stopped at the grocery, started the Jeep and turned on the radio a few days ago and it didn't work. I've seen video on how to remove the radio. It's a bit of a PITA. I was hoping there might be a simpler solution but if there are no other ideas I guess I'll take a look at the antenna connection. Thanks for responding.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

The tried and true is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. I'm doubtful that will apply in this case though.

The FM/AM antenna is supposed to be held in with a clip, so it's a long shot at best.

Quick Reply: Strange Problem