Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sub?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub?

Two questions.

1. Can a sub be installed with the stock sound set up?

2. Has anyone seen a good mounting option for the 2 doors? I have seen the stealth pod case, but was wondering if there was anything else out there.

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default sub

Yes you can install a sub into the factory set up. You just need to get an amp that has speaker level inputs or a Line converter to turn a set of speaker outputs into RCA connecters. There are some good ones out there made by PAC. If your Jeep has the premium system you will need a line converter that you can install after the factory amp. You will need to install after the amp because the amp is what actually adjust the volume. Make sure you get one that can handle over a 50 watt signal.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Roman
Yes you can install a sub into the factory set up. You just need to get an amp that has speaker level inputs or a Line converter to turn a set of speaker outputs into RCA connecters. There are some good ones out there made by PAC. If your Jeep has the premium system you will need a line converter that you can install after the factory amp. You will need to install after the amp because the amp is what actually adjust the volume. Make sure you get one that can handle over a 50 watt signal.
+1 hes right.. i see you have the basic system without the sub..so you will have to buy a converter that converts your front or rear speakers (left and right channel) into a RCA output for your amp.. when you do this, your sub and speakers wont sound that great compaired to an aftermarket radio.. when the bass is turned up on the radio, your speakers will be pounding as well. it will definetly sound better than stock though.

imo if your considering going with an aftermarket radio in the future, i would hold off with the converter. you will regret pulling out the front speakers again to take off that converter, cause thats exactly what i did!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Sub?