Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sub replacement - OEM damaged

Old 03-30-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sub replacement - OEM damaged

My OEM sub was damaged. I do not want to spend a lot of money.

Does anyone make a "plug and play" sub that will fit in the factory box?

I have an infinity system and it is my understanding that it does have an amp....will it be big enough to power a non - OEM sub?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

MaloCS,

Thank you for your response. Your advice was much appreciated.

zhuskers1

QUOTE=MaloCS;1033563]The amp is barely big enough to power the factory sub woofer. At a grand total of 96 watts the factory sub barely has enough power to be heard at the front of the JK. Believe it or not, but most of the bass you are hearing comes from the front components.

I would buy the cheapest 2ohm dual voice coil 8" sub you can get your hands on and install that in the factory enclosure. Trust me, you'll be doing nothing but wasting your money by throwing in a quality sub in that enclosure with that power. To make the wiring easy just buy the adapters from Crutchfield for $15 and you're good to go.

If you want to upgrade your low end you can always add an after market amp plus a decent sub in a properly built enclosure.

[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Sub replacement - OEM damaged