Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Subwoofer Help?

Old 11-17-2010, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer Help?

Okay, so I have the basic audio package with my unlimited, which, as I understand it, means I do not have the infinity amplifier. I just bought a factory subwoofer box and am going to put a better, low profile sub in it. I also have a nice 700W amplifier to hook it all up to.

My question is first, because I don't have the infinity amp, where should I plug my new one into? The speaker bar? Maybe with a line level converter?

Second, does anyone know the wattage of the stock sub? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks for nay help with this in advance.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

PM bigbluejk. He is an audio expert!!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

I will try that, thanks.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

bump for some help?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using a stock head unit? If so, you would be way, way better off with an aftermarket head unit that has high voltage dedicated pre-amps. The costs have really come down in price these days for nice units with all kinds of soundshaping tools to fine tune your sound. The sound qaulity is also superior to that of the stock units. Also, most stock head units attenuate bass at higher volumes so as not to distort and damage the cheap factory speakers, so you wouldn't want to pass that signal to your new sub amp because it will really degrade bass with aftermarket amps.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Help?