Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Subwoofer Under Front Seats

Old 12-07-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer Under Front Seats

So i drive a 2009 jeep jk 2 door. I currently run a sub in the stock enclosure in the trunk. I have two amps, a 4 channel powering my four kicker speakers, and a mono class d for my sub in the trunk. I hate the sound of the 8 inch sub in the trunk. I want to put two 8 inch or 10 inch subs under the front seats and get a new amp and mount it behind the glove box. Anyone done this before with a 2 door jeep jk?
Old 12-07-2014, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To start, I have serious doubts about finding an amp that will push 2 8/10" subs and is small enough to fit behind the glove box. As for subs, your only options are slim powered subs like the kicker hideaway, or custom build boxes like this guy did out of fiberglass

http://www.jeepasylum.com/showthread...-Bass-Solution
Old 12-07-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock speaker enclosure, at least for 2010 subwoofer, will fit under the passenger side front seat of an unlimited with little modification. I hated how it took valuable cargo room so I took it out and took a Dremel to it. A few relief cuts to allow better clearance for the slide rails, and I think one mounting tab totally removed, and I stuffed it under there. After checking clearance i fiberglassed the holes, filled it with poly, and bolted it in place. Of course I don't have pictures of the process, but I'm happy to take and post pictures it in place, though you won't see much.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Under Front Seats