Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Switch possibility for Daystar?

Old 02-22-2008, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switch possibility for Daystar?

Hey all- Does anyone know if these switches may work with the Daystar Switch Pannel? I figure that the regular size rocker switches that they advertise with the pannel will shut off (or be hit) in 1st 3rd and 5th on a Manual Trans.

all in all... think these will work?
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=060-300

Last edited by Robar; 02-22-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Edited direct link.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:36 PM
JK Newbie

Default Probably

Those will probably work, but I read a post on this the other day and I have that panel, but haven't put switches on it yet. I personally don't see any way my shifter or the boot is going to turn off any switches. Those switches would have to stick out 2" for that to happen, and I'm pretty sure they don't. Just my two cents.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

It will happen with the 6 speed and the contura style switches. The shifter boot hits the bottom of the switch...effictively turning it to the off position every time you shift. Daystar obviosly did not do very good testing of their product before releasing it for sale.

Quick Reply: Switch possibility for Daystar?