Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Switch-Pros SEMA Award Winning SP8100 Switch Panel Power System

Old 08-05-2015, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE="ameise2015;4130273"]Did you install your unit yet?
Old 08-07-2015, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my Switch Pro install. I bought a Daystar console switch plate and modified it to fit the Switch Pro switches. Only had to drill 3 holes in it. One for the connector to pass through and 2 for the bolts. With the green lights on the switch and the daystar panel, it really looks factory. Using black bolts would help and I will swap those out eventually. I can't say enough how much I like this system.

Not sure why the pic rotated but I can't seem to get it to upload correctly. Sorry about that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.JPG
Views:	1036
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	620737  
The following users liked this post:
Dell Griffith (06-23-2018)
Old 08-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor

Thumbs up

We really like what you did with your install. Perfect location for ease of use, and it looks really clean, too!
Old 08-08-2015, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SWITCH-PROS
We really like what you did with your install. Perfect location for ease of use, and it looks really clean, too!
Thank You! I am really happy with the install and the product itself. The bluetooth is a nice feature as well. Keep up the great work.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ameise2015
I installed this unit yesterday and I'm so pleased with the results. I was able to remove a bunch of wires and consolidate my spider web of wires. The install is clean and the instructions were thorough.
Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Yes, my ARB compressor came with a harness as well, which I used to connect to my SPOD. The ARB compressors power/negative cables are still connected to the Jeeps battery.

But what I was trying to get at, is the compressors main positive/negative cables are still hooked to the battery, while the switch harness allows you to hook up too a switch system such as a switch-pros or SPOD setup. You can not run the compressors power and negative cables directly to your system, which was a question asked a few post up.

Did that clarify my original reply a little better?
Originally Posted by SWITCH-PROS

In theory one doesn't need to mount the switches somewhere accessible " although its awesome so why wouldn't you". Can you just run the system solely off Bluetooth as lond as the switch unit is plugged in or is the Bluetooth broadcast from the power unit itself?
Old 08-11-2015, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
Here is my Switch Pro install. I bought a Daystar console switch plate and modified it to fit the Switch Pro switches. Only had to drill 3 holes in it. One for the connector to pass through and 2 for the bolts. With the green lights on the switch and the daystar panel, it really looks factory. Using black bolts would help and I will swap those out eventually. I can't say enough how much I like this system.

Not sure why the pic rotated but I can't seem to get it to upload correctly. Sorry about that.
I like what you did with the panel, did you have any issues mounting it or running the cables?
Old 08-11-2015, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by juggernutz
I like what you did with the panel, did you have any issues mounting it or running the cables?
Thank you.

It was a very easy install. The instructions show how to come through the firewall behind glove box and from there it was very simple to run the wires and zip tie them up out of the way.

The only part that was difficult was removing the shifter knob so I could remove the center console to get the daystar panel out and back in.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can anybody confirm if this will work with the Genesis dual battery system? Looks like it mounts in the same area as the battery sits along the passenger side firewall. Thanks!
Old 08-16-2015, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Baja JKU OllllllO
Can anybody confirm if this will work with the Genesis dual battery system? Looks like it mounts in the same area as the battery sits along the passenger side firewall. Thanks!

I made a new bracket and relocated it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2869692008.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	540.5 KB
ID:	621649  
Old 08-16-2015, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is there enough wire to run the control panel to the box if you mount the control panel up by the header like to S-pod mount ????

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Switch-Pros SEMA Award Winning SP8100 Switch Panel Power System