Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Switched Power inside

Old 05-24-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little help - please!! - Installed my LoD bumper today with fogs (no fogs originally) - I found a post "https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18357&highlight=wiring" that had a diagram that I thought would work. I thought - from looking at the diagram - that by having this setup - I would only be able to turn on the fogs when the ignition is on - I don't want to have to turn on my parks, lo-beams - etc - As I am electically challened - I thought that by tapping into a 10 am fuse in the fuse box for the supply - this would give me the results I wanted - Alas - it did not - I can turn on the fogs with or without the ignition being on. You indicated "found a switched source in the fuse box. It is the 12v power source one (cigaret lighter). " What fuse box position is this in - I can't find it - I have a fuse tapper and am piggy backing an existing fuse - By doing this - am I somehow bypassing the fact that it's switched? I don't want to splice in the the cig lighter wire itself - etc - any help is GREATLY appreciated - thanks - NewJKInNC

Quick Reply: Switched Power inside