Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Tapping into reverse +lead?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awdspider
i let it cool down and it seemed to be working fine. i will keep my fingers crossed.
It's probably ok then. If wiring was crossed the unit would likely be smoked and not work at all.

Post some pics of the install when you get a chance. Would love to see it.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where to find the wire in the passenger footwell:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...2&postcount=20

Down near the bottom of that post.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raising an old post

Originally Posted by jkerr
edit. you connect the PAC reverse wire to the alpine reverse wire. The PAC unit sends a 12VDC down the line when the transmission is in reverse. The Alpine will see this and switch to the camera input.
In my case I am retaining the RER 730N OE Unit and attaching a camera. I am also using the CHYRVD wiring harness. My camera came with a cable long enough to run from the back of the JK up to the head unit. The cable has the RCA, Ground and Power all wrapped together, so it would be a pain to run the power all way the back to the rear lamp, a little less of a pain to run a wire back to the passenger footwell, but it would be GREAT if I could just tap in somewhere right behind the radio so I don't have to do any back tracking with the wiring. You mentioned that the green wire is used to send 12VDC down when in reverse. Is there any reason that I couldn't use that to power up the camera just like using the reverse light tap in the footwell?

Quick Reply: Tapping into reverse +lead?