Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Threaded dash CB antenna jack

Old 06-19-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Threaded dash CB antenna jack

I am looking to install a CB antenna "jack" or coupler in the dash where the cigarette lighter hole is.

I have the Midland CB handheld with the vehicle adaptor. I currently have the CB antenna cable coming up from underneath my passenger seat, but the cables get all tangled and messy. I am looking to run the antenna cable behind the dashboard and have it come out of the dash. However, I need a coupler that would fit a panel, with some sort of retention screw behind the panel so that I can just screw in the cable from the Midland vehicle adaptor to the dashboard and plug the power to the aux power plug. I've attached a photo of the Midland CB radio with adaptor so you can see what I am referring to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	75-822_2.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	25751

Does anyone sell a jack/coupler like this. I have to think so. For instrument panels, clusters, etc. where there are several pieces of equipment sharing a single antenna.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I saw one at the local truck stop (it sells more cb stuff than anywhere else in town). You have any truck stops around? Like a big one that has CB stuff? Ours is a little out of town, but not much. They have all types of antennas and connectors and stuff.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Rat shack has a connector for that, maybe. I have seen panel mount pl-259 connectors.

Looks similar to this:
radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103295
Old 06-19-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

You need to ask for a panel mounted MALE pl239/so239/UHF.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

I put an indash threaded connector in my daystar switch panel for my Cobra 75 WXST CB. Similar to what you want to do.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you need is an "SO-239 Bulkhead Connector" There's hundreds of sources. Google that and you'll find one near you. If you're out in the boonies, you can find them at Radio Shack. Another good mounting spot is the panel below the glove box. It pops right off, just pull it.

Quick Reply: Threaded dash CB antenna jack