Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

TIPM = Total Peice of Shi*** part?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default TIPM = Total Peice of Shi*** part?

Sorry sir your power train is covered your electrical system is not! Really? Ok my passenger front power window will only go down when it wants....my power door locks work when they want and my washer squirter in the front works when it wants??? Dealer says TIPM is bad. They are willing to repace it at their cost $700.00 and then they will cover any additional problems with the TIPM. Service person told me it is a $396.00 part. So I guess their cost is this plus labor? Anyway does anyone have this type of issue with a jk unlimited? If so any advice. All of my door connections are clean and plugged in. My key fob will work sometimes to lock/unlock the doors. The inside lock button wont do anything even if the fob is working.All of my other windows/power accesories work fine.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump..........
Old 04-08-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never mind 2 threads on this IGNORE bump

Quick Reply: TIPM = Total Peice of Shi*** part?