Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Traction Control

Old 12-09-2013, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome..... Thanks

Question??

By adding in a momentary switch will I have to turn the switch on every time I start my jeep to disable ESP or once the momentary switch is turned on it stays disabled?
Old 12-09-2013, 11:38 AM
JK Junkie

You'll have to hit the switch every time that you start the jeep. I've not done it to my own vehicle (yet) but my guess would be that you could leave the cut wire open (open circuit, never connected) and achieve the same results as hitting your momentary every time you start the jeep.

If leaving the circuit open would work then you can get a regular switch and have it 'closed' when on and 'open' when off, but that's an aspect you'll have to play with- again, only because I haven't done it yet.

I did disconnect my accelerometer under the console and cycled the key a few times and the functions stayed disconnected until I plugged it back and cleared the code with my superchips.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2013, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I'll play with it.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a quick question. I fully understand the chart and decided to do the hokey pokey disable dance, which worked flawlessly. I have no need to do the switch mod since I want it off all the time to get rid of the annoying off-ramp activation since I installed my 2.5" coil lift.

My question is, will the hokey pokey disable dance be enough to alleviate the activation of anything (ESP, automatic braking, etc) during sweeping turns?

I haven't been on the highway to test it out since I performed the dance last night. I only ask because I know the switch mod disables a couple other systems in addition to the ESP.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Here is a chart showing the various modes of operation, including the mode after the "steering wheel dance".

Ronjenx, could this chart be in error? As I read the manual, it seems to say that the system has only two modes in 2H, on/active, or Partially off. The chart shows the system can be fully off in 2H.

Quick Reply: Traction Control