Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Traction Control Light. Help Please!!

Old 10-13-2017, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Traction Control Light. Help Please!!

My OBDII scanner is reading the following codes:

Electric Vacuum Pump Circuit (P258A)
Vacuum Pump Control Circuit/Performance (C1252)

I have replaced everything that I thought could cause the light to trigger.

-ABS Pump
-Brake Booster Sensor
-Vacuum Pump

I'm kind of at a loss at this point and would really appreciate any recommendations you may have.

Thanks!
Austin
Old 10-14-2017, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Traction Control Light

I had a similar Problem with my 13 JKUR The Light would illuminate and not go off rendering the Cruse inoperative among other things. I had the problem off and on for about a year when I would turn off the vehicle over night the light would go off. Every time a took it to the dealer they were unable to duplicate. Finely I was near the dealer when it again accrued I took it into the dealer to show them. It turned out to be the Dynamics sensor located under the center console. Replaced it all's well
Old 10-14-2017, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be the dreaded clock spring too. Ours has than now and the cade is the steering wheel is not centered, even though it is. Just need to find time to take in in to get replaced.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ccalagna
I had a similar Problem with my 13 JKUR The Light would illuminate and not go off rendering the Cruse inoperative among other things. I had the problem off and on for about a year when I would turn off the vehicle over night the light would go off. Every time a took it to the dealer they were unable to duplicate. Finely I was near the dealer when it again accrued I took it into the dealer to show them. It turned out to be the Dynamics sensor located under the center console. Replaced it all's well
I will look into this I appreciate the input!
Old 10-16-2017, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4x4chick
It could be the dreaded clock spring too. Ours has than now and the cade is the steering wheel is not centered, even though it is. Just need to find time to take in in to get replaced.
I replaced this a couple months ago otherwise I would agree that could be the problem. Thanks anyways

Quick Reply: Traction Control Light. Help Please!!