Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

TSB 18-036-06 is AWESOME!!!

Old 12-13-2006, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took about 20-25 mins. for them to flash mine!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fraynes1
Took about 20-25 mins. for them to flash mine!
Did you get the same reults as Yobuck?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure, made it 10-12 blocks from the dealer when my wife went to roll up the window and the radio cut out and battery light came on.

I immediately went back and they flashed it. Were extremely embarrassed about it to boot!

Not sure what it was like before. Runs fine now, I have no complaints.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah it seems that some dealers are not too keen to jump to a flash, that is why you have to say something that happend on the TSB happend, so if you tell them your battery light came on and radio went out seems to do the trick

Hope this helps some people out, I drove mine to and from work today on the interstate, and it was still a huge difference, i'm very happy with it all over again, it's like getting a new JK for the 2nd time!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

I am sooooo frustrated, so I have to share (vent!)!

I've been having some concerns with the shift quality of my automatic Unlimited. When I read about this TSB, and that it effects auto shift quality, I was so happy. I was sure I found my fix. My husband called up the local dealer right away to make an appointment. They didn't have an opening for two weeks, so he called the next closest dealer (40 miles away). They said that they thought it would definitely help, and they said that they could get it in right away.

So my husband took it out there today, only to be sent away with nothing being done. Here's the frustrating thing...they said that it's only for '07 Wranglers and Wrangler Unlimiteds (duh!). What a bunch of idiots! They work in a Jeep service facility and don't even know what an '07 Wrangler Unlimited looks like! You'd have thought the stickers that say "Wrangler Unlimited" on the side of my Jeep would be a clue to them! My Jeep was built prior to Nov. 10, so it is clearly included in the TSB. They then started to make excuses as to why they couldn't do it. Long story short, I think they simply had no clue what they were doing and they probably didn't have the most current, up to date software to run the flash.

So my husband drove 80 miles out of his way to take care of my baby, only to have his time completely wasted! Frustrating, for him and me! Well, needless to say, we'll be checking with the local dealer and see if they know what they're doing. We would have taken it to the dealer we bought it from, because they are great, but they are a 200 mile drive round trip.

Anyway, I thought you guys could probably feel my pain. I did call the Jeep Customer Service line to let them know what happened, so at least I got a little satisfaction from reporting their ignorance to the corporate office.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Well, would you want technicians working on your JK if they didn't recognize it as a JK?
Old 12-14-2006, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

maybe this thread should be moved to it looks like a hummer.

how about a poster for the dealership that shows silhouette of jeep and hummers!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jckid
I am sooooo frustrated, so I have to share (vent!)!

I've been having some concerns with the shift quality of my automatic Unlimited. When I read about this TSB, and that it effects auto shift quality, I was so happy. I was sure I found my fix. My husband called up the local dealer right away to make an appointment. They didn't have an opening for two weeks, so he called the next closest dealer (40 miles away). They said that they thought it would definitely help, and they said that they could get it in right away.

So my husband took it out there today, only to be sent away with nothing being done. Here's the frustrating thing...they said that it's only for '07 Wranglers and Wrangler Unlimiteds (duh!). What a bunch of idiots! They work in a Jeep service facility and don't even know what an '07 Wrangler Unlimited looks like! You'd have thought the stickers that say "Wrangler Unlimited" on the side of my Jeep would be a clue to them! My Jeep was built prior to Nov. 10, so it is clearly included in the TSB. They then started to make excuses as to why they couldn't do it. Long story short, I think they simply had no clue what they were doing and they probably didn't have the most current, up to date software to run the flash.

So my husband drove 80 miles out of his way to take care of my baby, only to have his time completely wasted! Frustrating, for him and me! Well, needless to say, we'll be checking with the local dealer and see if they know what they're doing. We would have taken it to the dealer we bought it from, because they are great, but they are a 200 mile drive round trip.

Anyway, I thought you guys could probably feel my pain. I did call the Jeep Customer Service line to let them know what happened, so at least I got a little satisfaction from reporting their ignorance to the corporate office.
I feel your pain, and I am sorry you and your husband had to deal with this and are still without the TSB. My dealership had no clue the first time I talked to them, I had to print off the TSB and bring it in to them! But I agree with Robar on this, I wouldn't want a dealership working on my rig if they couldn't even tell by looking at it what it was!

Good luck with this and keep us posted! The TSB is worth it, even if you do have to wait a few weeks to get it.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
I wouldn't want a dealership working on my rig if they couldn't even tell by looking at it what it was!
Exactly! That is why my husband just left. He figured if they didn't even know what kind of Jeep it is, he didn't want them touching it!

On his way home, my husband stopped in to the local dealer's service department to talk to them. They couldn't believe what happened at the other dealer. As it turns out, my husband has known the service advisor at the local dealership for years, so we are much more comfortable taking it there now. If we'd only known, we have taken it there in the first place. We have an appointement for next Thursday, so I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly. I'll post an update then.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Just had mine done, and am seeing the same benefits as ThinkMud. Used to have sluggish response from about 1700-2300 RPM. The vehicle is now MUCH more responsive in that range, and significantly smoother.

Time will tell if it helps with the occasional spasmodic fit that the ECM was having, where at low rpm under light throttle all the dashboard lights would illuminate, power would cease and then the ECM would recover and everything would go on as normal. Also occasionally accompanied by a radio reboot.

I hope those symptoms will also disappear. I'll update over time to let you all know.

Quick Reply: TSB 18-036-06 is AWESOME!!!