Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

TSB 18-036-06 is AWESOME!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so far mine hasn't had any of the radio or dash lights issues. but I do now seem to have an issue with my headlights...

Twice now, i've turned my headlights off, got out, and noticed they were still on! the warning ding didn't sound, so the jeep thought they were off too, so i had to trun them on then back off again... it was weird...

jckid, glad to hear you have a better service place you trust!
Old 12-15-2006, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
so far mine hasn't had any of the radio or dash lights issues. but I do now seem to have an issue with my headlights...

Twice now, i've turned my headlights off, got out, and noticed they were still on! the warning ding didn't sound, so the jeep thought they were off too, so i had to trun them on then back off again... it was weird...
Mine has done this a couple of times too, but they will turn off after a minute or so. Not sure why it does this, because it does not do it every time.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by J33P JK
Mine has done this a couple of times too, but they will turn off after a minute or so. Not sure why it does this, because it does not do it every time.
so maybe some how it's connected with the interior lights, that dim slowly after a while once you get out?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Mine have always done that. The lights remain on after I've shut the vehicle down, gotten out, and locked everything up. The inside lights dim almost immediately, and the headlights will auto-dim about 30-45 seconds later.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

That's crazy... maybe the flash made that happen too? I'll just let it be...
Old 12-15-2006, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

had the flash yesterday and it has stopped the battery light coming on and the radio cutout/popping so far. I can't really tell any drivability changes but it seems my miles are adding up faster per gas gauge position than they did before. No claims until I can test it for several tanks. I have been getting between 15 1/2 to 16 1/2 mpg and have 3600 miles on the clock. I have AEM Brute Force CAI, Magnaflow single in dual out Firebird muffler, stage II Jet performance module, 2 dr X, 6 speed with 4:10 gears. Best I ever got was one time 20 1/2 with a tail wind and 5 hr drive back from Dallas, freeway all the way. I sure hope this has helped my mileage, I am tired of reading about the 20 plus mile to the gallon folks on the forums. By the way, it is running strong, add ons made a performance difference but changed economy none.
Jim
Old 12-15-2006, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

It should help your mpg, I too haven't checked yet, still on the first new tank, but it seems that i more miles per the gas mark then before, so i'm guessing it increased.. was getting around 14 to 15 mpg, now i'm hopeing at least 17, I will keep everyone updated.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by J33P JK
I've noticed that if the doors aren't closed all the way, the headlights as well as interior lights will stay on. If you notice they are on (before the battery dies) go back and double check all of the doors and rear gate (or which ever ones people have gotten out of) and you will probably find one isn't completly shut.

Seems like a stupid way to let you know, since if you don't notice your battery will be toast when you get back.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

On mine if I turn the lights off before I turn the engine off, they go out right away, but if I turn engine off then turn lights off, they take a minute or so to go out.
Jim
Old 12-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jameswharton
On mine if I turn the lights off before I turn the engine off, they go out right away, but if I turn engine off then turn lights off, they take a minute or so to go out.
Jim
Same here. If you do shut the engine off first, you can kill the lights by cyling them on and off one more time.

My interior dome light stays on briefly after i exit (dims then shuts off almost immediately) but if i leave the door open for an extended time, the light stays on for a longer duration, doesnt make any practical sense to me, but that is what it does.

Quick Reply: TSB 18-036-06 is AWESOME!!!