Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

TTX 50" light bar - Anyone using one?

Old 12-31-2014, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTX 50" light bar - Anyone using one?

Ever since I missed the boat on the Rough Country 50" discontinued sale on 50" lights I have been searching for a spot/flood combo. I came across this one but it only has one review. I'm trying to find something that is less than $300, but I still want it to work correctly and not have water buildup issues inside the light.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...70_em_1p_11_ti

Do you have one of these? If so, how do you like it? How long have you had it? Any water problems?

Do you have a different brand 50" light that was less than $300? If so, what brand? Any water problems? Any other problems?
Old 01-01-2015, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont do it, super cheap Chinese crap! I bought one off Amazon...a 52" but that part doesn't matter. After 3 bad units (all of which were damaged) and they had terrible customer service. I bought them to simply replace the 50" I have. Needless to say I still have my 50". They are very cheap.

The transaction was terrible. In the end I was left with 2 damaged units and a full refund. I have both in my basement. In the spring when I clean the basement I'll be tossing them in the dumpster.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the warning. Looks like I'll be saving my pennies over winter and buy a better quality one in the spring.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
Thanks for the warning. Looks like I'll be saving my pennies over winter and buy a better quality one in the spring.
Good call
Old 01-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor

Our 50" lightbar is only slightly more expensive and it comes with a full wiring harness - and the peace of mind it will not have the problems often found with eBay lights. If anything does happen it also includes a full warranty directly through us.

We also have a 10% off sale going through the end of this week!

http://www.offroadadditions.com/50-cree-led-light-bar/

Quick Reply: TTX 50" light bar - Anyone using one?