Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Turn Signal problem

Old 03-10-2016, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal problem

Hello all,

Last week I put brand new NightSun LED headlights on my 09 Wrangler. I added the anti-flicker module as well.

The lights are great, really bright and so much better than the stock headlights.

Now, however, I seem to be having turn signal problems. When I first start up the Wrangler, the turn signals work fine but shortly they go into rapid flash on the dash indictor and the lights themselves don't even come on. I checked the bulbs and none appear to be burnt out. I just got new bulbs and I'm going to replace all of them.

Flasher going out or a problem with the anti-flicker module?

I'll be back to let you know what happens when I change bulbs.

Later,
Dave
Old 03-10-2016, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Problem

Hi again,

I replaced both the front turn signal bulbs and put some dilithium er ah dielectric grease on the posts. Went out for a 4 hour drive through the country. (I was looking for an old Feeder Dam for the Whitewater Canal.) And to this point no more rapid flashes. Everything seems to be back to Square 1. One of the bulbs might have burnt, guess I'll take a closer look with a magnifier.

As for the Feeder Dam, I believe I found the road that leads to it. It's on private property however and the property owners were not at home. I'm going to call them and see if its ok to take some photos.

If you would like to see some of my photos, check out my web page at;

DaveOakleyPhotos

Later all,
DaveO

Quick Reply: Turn Signal problem