Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

uconnect not right

Old 06-15-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uconnect not right

okay, I installed the uconnect on my sat radio this weekend, and took it to the dealer for activation today, all seemed fine, it booted up ipod worked, even paired the iphone, but when I make a call the bluetooth connection dropps after about 30 seconds, then a couple of seconds latter it reconnects, then dropps again. Any ideas?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

The iPhone 3.0 release coming in a couple of days is supposed to fix this issue, per some guys over at the Challenger/Charger forums who have been beta testing it.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd blame the iPhone myself.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

It is an iPhone problem.

Got a link to that posting in the Dodge forums? I'd love to read up on it.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nevermind, I found the post:

Just to update everyone with an iPhone 3G running 2.2.1 that has had issues using their iPhone and uConnect:

The issue was a software problem created by Apple in the 2.2.1 OS patch. If you had any contacts in your Contacts, the phone would disconnect when attempting to download the Contacts list.

I can confirm that the upcoming iPhone 3.0 OS (releasing 6/17/09) will fix this issue. I got a copy of the new 3.0 OS and loaded it on my iPhone 3G, then tested it with my 2009 Challenger R/T. It not only stopped disconnecting and reconnecting during calls, but it also downloaded my entire Contacts list and now allows me to call based on saying the name I have listed.

All you'll have to do is wait until 6/17/09!

Quick Reply: uconnect not right