Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

VR Navigation with MyGig

Old 02-23-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VR Navigation with MyGig

Has anyone had success with VR navigation ? I cant change states no matter how I spell or say the name. Also when I try to VR navigate to a destination it takes the street name and then does nothing after. I've tried everything and cant seem to get it to route to anything. Am I missing something ?

Thanks in Advance
Old 02-23-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Packman
Has anyone had success with VR navigation ? I cant change states no matter how I spell or say the name. Also when I try to VR navigate to a destination it takes the street name and then does nothing after. I've tried everything and cant seem to get it to route to anything. Am I missing something ?

Thanks in Advance
Wranglers don't have VR enabled. You need to buy an aftermarket unit to enable it.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Mine is already enabled. full U-connect and VR is working. The problem is the commands dont continue after issuing one. It will NOT route to a destination at all. I've read the full manual and tried all of the VR commands and all work perfect except routing!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default re vr

mine works fine. try re learning the voice commands...
Old 02-24-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Spent a while today playing with the voice commands and all work fine except for changing states. It says to spell the states name so I do and it beeps once and returns to the map screen. Even tried just spelling the abreviation for the state and then saying the name and it still beeps once. Inputing a zip-code will change to the proper state at least. Other than this one problem it's incredible! Can someone else please try and see if theirs works changing states and post the results?

Quick Reply: VR Navigation with MyGig