Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Warn 9.5XP Winch Solenoid

Old 02-13-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn 9.5XP Winch Solenoid

My friend bought a Warn 9.5XP along with a bumper and other items while he was deployed to Afghanistan. When he got back I helped him get the bumper installed and we were going to do the winch the next day. He removed everything from the box and put it in the back of his truck. When we went to install it we noticed that there was no solenoid box. He called the company he purchased it from and they told him it was impossible that the solenoid was not in the box because it was sealed from the factory and that he could purchase a new one from them for $350 or so. In an effort to keep him from spending that money I wanted to see if I could build him solenoid box for it. From browsing online I see that the box should have four solenoids in it, two for cable out and two for cable in. Is this correct? Does anyone have any experience making one of these? It doesn't look too difficult, I just want to make sure I get the right components for it.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Which company said that?
I would never ever purcahse from that company ever again if that is how they treat customers.
Call back and demand to speak to every person in charge they can name and demand the replacement.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am not sure which company it was that he bought it from. He called and talked to customer service several times and they offered no resolution other than him buying a replacement.

Quick Reply: Warn 9.5XP Winch Solenoid