Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Water + Electricity = Bad

Old 10-11-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water + Electricity = Bad

So I went threw some water this weekend and when I got to the other side of What I thought was a little puddle my Jeep died. Jeep would then not start. Come to find out it fried the starter at the same time it killed itself. So I replaced the starter and Autozone gave me the wrong one and had to order it from the stealership. I'm replacing the plugs and wires along with the oil and filtration. Also gonna replace the fluids in the diffs. Am I forgetting anything else. I'm hoping I didn't short out something electrical. Would the canbus system have gotten hurt in the water or what. Let me know what y'all think. O and do the Rubicons with an automatic have a different starter than others? Ill keep u updated as best I can

Quick Reply: Water + Electricity = Bad