Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

weird issue?

Old 10-17-2017, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird issue?

So I bought a Blackweb bluetooth aux speaker input device to play my phone over the stereo of my "new" 2007 JKUS. I have the radio with the nav but not sure what model. I've had the blackweb for about 3-4 weeks and it work(ed) PERFECTLY, it was loud, crisp and tons of bass. All of a sudden, today I went to plug it into the left cigar lighter (the one connected to the ignition) and the speakers sort of crackled and now I have very little volume from the blackweb. It still works, I just have to turn up the volume all the way on the radio. If I take it out or turn it to radio the sound and volume of the radio are as they should be.
I unplugged the power cord thinking maybe it was shorted, same issue. I tried a different usb plug, same issue. I tried the other lighter outlet, same issue. I even went to walmart and bought the exact same unit, same issue.

So my question is, is there a wire connected to the back of the lighter outlet that somehow connects to the radio(???) that maybe got dislodged? (I can't think of why there would be but I can't figure out what the hell is going on). I'm going to try tomorrow to plug in via a cable directly from my phone to the aux port and see if that's it, but if it was the blackweb unit itself then the new one should have worked like before.

Sorry for the long post but I need my pandora and am completely befuddled as to what's goign on.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the helpful tips...I got it working.

Quick Reply: weird issue?