Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

What I finally had to do to fix Halos from going out.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What I finally had to do to fix Halos from going out.

Well I have fought with this since I've had my Jeep, the lights were already installed when I took delivery and they were both on when I first saw them but shortly after one started goin out. With careful investigation into this issue I saw there was a loose connection from the stock 3 plug adapter and the anti flicker adapter, you could move it around a bit and the light would go dim. We separated the plugs and put the electric grease on and I thought that had fixed them but it hadn't.
So I go an order new anti flicker devices thinking the connection was the problem. They arrived in a short time and I installed. Did this fix it, nooooo, same dang thing. So I knew there was a loose connection but found it was the OEM plug not the other. So I busted the end from the adapter plug I had just removed and broke off the 3 little pins and slid them into the oem plugs and used them as shims if you will to tighten the connection, it worked. Did this to both plugs and now have a good connection and the lights stay on.
I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has ran across this issue as well?

Quick Reply: What I finally had to do to fix Halos from going out.