Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

What's Wrong with my Brake Light?

Old 09-12-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Wrong with my Brake Light?

After about 3 weeks of having the jeep my rear right brake light/turn signal went out. I changed the bulb and it fixed the problem. It's been about 2 weeks since I changed it and the same right rear brake/signal light went out. I'm assuming since it hasn't been very long that it's not the bulb. So just wondering if yall have any ideas on what the problem could be, and how I could maybe fix it?

Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump... anyone have any idea? i don't want to get pulled over for not signaling or having a broken brake light
Old 09-13-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you examined the bulb socket? Make sure there's no corrosion and good contact. Get a multimeter and check for good power and ground.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Make sure that there's no corrosion or burned terminals in the socket. If everything is good, make sure that the assembly is properly sealed and that there's no moisture getting in there. You'd more than likely see corrosion if there's moisture in there.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default What's Wrong with my Brake Light?

Alright thanks for the help. I'll check that out tomorrow morning

Quick Reply: What's Wrong with my Brake Light?