Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

where to buy a TIPM

Old 12-18-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did put it up on ebay for a day then pulled it as i thought i might go over the service managers head. im waiting for a call from the client relations manager tomorrow. Christian Brothers advised me to challenge the dealership to re-install my old TIPM to show its good and refund me the $550.00 i paid for the new one...sadly we didn't even get close to that idea.....Yet

Originally Posted by karls
The connection issue never occurred to me, though it should have. I had a problem with my OBD-II port not functioning and it turned out to be a blown fuse. I'm a little surprised that the various techs didn't bother to check for 12v+ on the obd-ii before going any further and making the drastic diagnosis of a dead TIPM.

Thank you for the update, so does your new TIPM go on ebay or do you think you'll get the dealer to take it back?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

I do appreciate you keeping this updated, hopefully they'll take it back. Sometimes they can take things back even when they say they can't. My case wasn't as expensive as yours, but my dealer 'sold' me some Sport decals for $80 and then wouldn't take them back (long story after an accident).

Long story short- I let them know that I would have my lawyer get in contact with them and they decided that they would take it back and refund the $$.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls
I do appreciate you keeping this updated, hopefully they'll take it back. Sometimes they can take things back even when they say they can't. My case wasn't as expensive as yours, but my dealer 'sold' me some Sport decals for $80 and then wouldn't take them back (long story after an accident).

Long story short- I let them know that I would have my lawyer get in contact with them and they decided that they would take it back and refund the $$.

nice yea i am gonna give them a few more days to respond and them and then i'm going viral on there Arses, have not received a call yet.....but it will get something back one way or the other

Quick Reply: where to buy a TIPM