Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wipers advancing while doors opening

Old 04-17-2024, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wipers advancing while doors opening

I have an 08 jeep wrangler and most of the time when one of the three doors have been opened the wipers advance on there own. I don’t believe there on the same circuit so that is a head scratcher. And yesterday for the first time I opened the drivers door and the horn chirped ( I thought to myself that can’t be good). It doesn’t have remote start and it doesn’t have an alarm system. I read somewhere that it could be the clock spring??
I haven’t dug into it yet but I would take any suggestions on which direction to go.

Old 04-17-2024, 05:17 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,599 Posts

The issue with thinking it's the clockspring, IMO, is that the clockspring circuitry isn't mixed with anything related to the door wiring until you get to the TIPM. I'd think more likely it is the TIPM. I could be wrong, I'm no electrical expert, but that is my logical thinking.
The following users liked this post:
Skunk 316 (04-17-2024)

Quick Reply: Wipers advancing while doors opening