Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which wire is which??

Old 05-18-2012, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which wire is which??

Hey guys, ièm trying to wire my rigid duallys to the new rocker switch i got from OTRATTW.com but im having a problem.

I had to replace the female connectors on the dually wires with larger ones to fit thw rocker switch, that wasn`t the problem, the problem is trying to figure out which one of the dually wires in the negative, power from battery and power to the lights.
I tried different configurations and could not get it to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fg.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	318486Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	318487Click image for larger version

Name:	fgsdfg.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	318488

Im guessing the top two wires (red and black) is the power to the lights, its the other two wires i can`t figure out

Sorry if the solution is really simple, but i can;t figure it out and i am far from being an expert when it comes to vehicle electronics!
Thanks in advance
Old 05-18-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by antonioso
Hey guys, ièm trying to wire my rigid duallys to the new rocker switch i got from OTRATTW.com but im having a problem.

I had to replace the female connectors on the dually wires with larger ones to fit thw rocker switch, that wasn`t the problem, the problem is trying to figure out which one of the dually wires in the negative, power from battery and power to the lights.
I tried different configurations and could not get it to work.

Attachment 318486Attachment 318487Attachment 318488

Im guessing the top two wires (red and black) is the power to the lights, its the other two wires i can`t figure out

Sorry if the solution is really simple, but i can;t figure it out and i am far from being an expert when it comes to vehicle electronics!
Thanks in advance
Put a meter across the other two connectors and when you get a positive reading, you'll know which is pos and neg.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem solved. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Which wire is which??