JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   Wiring Help Diagram Included (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/wiring-help-diagram-included-336208/)

matt852 08-16-2016 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Trying to wire my Rigid D2s to their Flasher Module. I plan on using 3 switches similar to the ones that come with their harness. 1 switch for on and off, 1 switch for strobe on/off and 1 switch for stone mode select. I don't know how to wire at points 1 and 2 in the diagram or even my diagram is correct. Essentially it is wiring up 2 switches to one pair of lights. The blue and yellow from the flasher act as power to the lights. I apreciate any help.

Canvas 08-16-2016 11:25 AM

I would think sending the power from each switch to the light. Basically you would have three wires going to the positive side of the light. With out actually messing with the lights this is the best I can offer.

If you have not already installed all the components I would say wire it up and connect to a 12V battery and op check it.

R/
Will

jchappies 08-16-2016 11:42 AM

You need a left and right light switch (you can't tie the lights together or the strobe won't work)
Switch 3 in your diagram needs to be momentary switch.
So you need 4 switches....
Switch 1=Left
Switch 2=Right
Switch 3= strobe module (blue to left light, yellow to right light)
Switch 4= momentary positive (+) to switch modes

and switch 1 and 2 plus 3 can't be on at the same time. (either 1 and 2 or just 3)
Or put in some diodes....

14Sport 08-16-2016 11:48 AM

I would use a 3 way switch for the strobe/off/constant and a momentary to change modes.

Edit: Nvm I just noticed the flasher module needs separate wires for the lights.

jchappies 08-16-2016 12:01 PM

option 2
Switch 1 has 2 relays (left and right light)
Switch 2 as you have it but blue and yellow bi-pass the relays to each light
Switch 3 still needs to be momentary

switch 1 and 2 can never be on at the same time or strobe won't work.

jchappies 08-16-2016 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by 14Sport (Post 4238996)
I would use a 3 way switch for the strobe/off/constant and a momentary to change modes.

The ON-OFF-ON switch will work too but you still need 2 relays and the module (blue,yellow) will need to bi-pass the relays. This switch will prevent you from having both on at the same time and defeating the strobe purpose.

Each light needs to be it's own circuit.

14Sport 08-16-2016 12:23 PM

I think the way you have it will work as long as you make sure switch 1 is off when using switch 2. If the switches are lighted though they both may illuminate from backfeeding depending on how they are wired internally.

matt852 08-16-2016 12:27 PM

Really appreciate the help everyone, it will take me a while to figure out what each of you are proposing but I have a ton of chopped up wire right now so I'll get to tinkering

matt852 08-16-2016 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 14Sport (Post 4239009)
I think the way you have it will work as long as you make sure switch 1 is off when using switch 2. If the switches are lighted though they both may illuminate from backfeeding depending on how they are wired internally.

would I just use a wire tap from blue and yellow to the power of the individuals lights using my current diagram?

14Sport 08-16-2016 12:34 PM

Actually Matt the way you have it won't work because you are backfeeding both lights from the flasher. You're going to have to separate the constant on feeds as jchappies said or use diodes.