Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring for lights

Old 05-05-2019, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring for lights

I just bought a 2013 Rubicon that has two KC lights on the fron bumper and a Daystar switch panel above rearview mirror. The lights didnt work when I bought it, but I figured I would work it out. I traced wires and found some broken connectors, replaced them and still didnt work off the switch. I then found that the switch panel wasn't even connected to anything other than drawing its power from the jeep's fuse box. My questions are: Is it ok to draw power for the swich panel from the fuse box? To connect the switch panel to the different accessories do I need a relay box? Any advice or wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-07-2019, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a kc hilites wiring kit on amazon for like 40 bucks I think for daylighters. it worked and came with the instructions i needed

Quick Reply: Wiring for lights