Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring Power Doors on Non-Power Equipped JK 4dr

Old 01-14-2013, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Power Doors on Non-Power Equipped JK 4dr

I just traded my factory half doors for full doors with power windows and locks. I've searched and read every post on this site concerning half doors to full power doors, and I'm puzzled as to how to wire the power windows without buying the outrageous oem harnesses. I looked at the affixed 10 pin connector on the door and the diagram for the pins and I don't see a power pin, so I assume you have to have a master switch like the Spal 33040147x2 4 door power window switch kit. However as my questions below indicate I can't visualize the connection of such a master kit/switch. I found this kit through another post directing me to A1, so if you have any others to suggest then please send link.

1. Can anyone tell me if you can just wire the power windows for each of the front doors to the power lock switch that is in the door. I am asking if that switch will work, i.e. has right connectors and a power connector to allow it to reverse polarity? Not trying to hook both locks and windows to it just unhook power lock and wire switch for window.

The next two questions are for anyone who has used the Spal 33040147x2 4 door power window switch kit or one like it.

2. If you order the Spal 33040147x2 4 door power window switch kit does it provide the power from the battery or will I have to buy the optional relay to get directly to the battery power.

3. Where would you mount the 2 back door switches that come with the Spal 33040147x2 4 door power window switch kit?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kendominic
I just traded my factory half doors for full doors with power windows and locks. I've searched and read every post on this site concerning half doors to full power doors, and I'm puzzled as to how to wire the power windows without buying the outrageous oem harnesses. I looked at the affixed 10 pin connector on the door and the diagram for the pins and I don't see a power pin, so I assume you have to have a master switch like the Spal 33040147x2 4 door power window switch kit. However as my questions below indicate I can't visualize the connection of such a master kit/switch. I found this kit through another post directing me to A1, so if you have any others to suggest then please send link.

1. Can anyone tell me if you can just wire the power windows for each of the front doors to the power lock switch that is in the door. I am asking if that switch will work, i.e. has right connectors and a power connector to allow it to reverse polarity? Not trying to hook both locks and windows to it just unhook power lock and wire switch for window.

The next two questions are for anyone who has used the Spal 33040147x2 4 door power window switch kit or one like it.

2. If you order the Spal 33040147x2 4 door power window switch kit does it provide the power from the battery or will I have to buy the optional relay to get directly to the battery power.

3. Where would you mount the 2 back door switches that come with the Spal 33040147x2 4 door power window switch kit?
Hey, I get wire, connectors etc off ebay and found these yesterday.....Good price compared to Mopar's $78 each...one is Body/Male and other is Door/Female........

Dodge Chrysler Mopar 14 Way SEALED Female Connector 05013961AA New | eBay

Dodge Chrysler Mopar 14 Way SEALED Male Connector 05013965AA New | eBay

Attachment 409587Attachment 409588Attachment 409589Attachment 409590
Old 01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

MOTOR-WINDOW-RIGHT FRONT - LT. GRAY (FRONT DOOR) 2 WAY

Mopar Package #: 05019964AA
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TH="class: cav"]Cav
[/TH]
[TH="class: circuit"]Circuit
[/TH]
[TH="class: gauge"]Gauge
[/TH]
[TH="class: color"]Color
[/TH]
[TH="class: function"]Function
[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cav"]1
[/TD]
[TD="class: circuit"]Q22
[/TD]
[TD="class: gauge"]14
[/TD]
[TD="class: color"]VT/WT
[/TD]
[TD="class: function"]RIGHT FRONT WINDOW DRIVER (DOWN)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cav"]2
[/TD]
[TD="class: circuit"]Q12
[/TD]
[TD="class: gauge"]14
[/TD]
[TD="class: color"]BR/LB
[/TD]
[TD="class: function"]RIGHT FRONT WINDOW DRIVER (UP)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cav"][/TD]
[TD="class: circuit"]Attachment 409593
[/TD]
[TD="class: gauge"][/TD]
[TD="class: color"][/TD]
[TD="class: function"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 01-14-2013, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

[h=2]MOTOR-WINDOW-LEFT FRONT - LT. GRAY (FRONT DOOR) 2 WAY[/h][h=3]Mopar Package #: 05019964AA[/h][TABLE]
[TR]
[TH="class: cav"]Cav[/TH]
[TH="class: circuit"]Circuit[/TH]
[TH="class: gauge"]Gauge[/TH]
[TH="class: color"]Color[/TH]
[TH="class: function"]Function[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cav"]1[/TD]
[TD="class: circuit"]Q21[/TD]
[TD="class: gauge"]14[/TD]
[TD="class: color"]WT[/TD]
[TD="class: function"]LEFT FRONT WINDOW DRIVER (DOWN)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cav"]2[/TD]
[TD="class: circuit"]Q11[/TD]
[TD="class: gauge"]14[/TD]
[TD="class: color"]LB[/TD]
[TD="class: function"]LEFT FRONT WINDOW DRIVER (UP)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cav"]

Attachment 409597[/TD]
[TD="class: circuit"][/TD]
[TD="class: gauge"][/TD]
[TD="class: color"][/TD]
[TD="class: function"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 01-20-2013, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Bump--Help Must have made post too long. FYI-I've answered 1 question on my own; door lock switch won't work as window switch cause it isn't independently grounded. Anybody know how to ground a 2 prong up/down switch? Should get my wiring harness and switches from A1 tomorrow. I'll update if I can figure out if they will work.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

I got 33040147x2 Spal 33040147x2 4 door power window switch kit from A1electric.com for $119 total including shipping. Wired it in myself, cut holes in console for mounting and then mounted rear switches next to rear doors in pillar. Finished product looks like this:

I still haven't figured out door locks. Want just keyless entry like bulldog cheapo, but can't figure out which wiring method is needed for oem 2 wire door actuators. Any help appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2736508064.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	421378   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3351068090.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	421379   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-319805333.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	421380   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3292245912.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	421383  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

I got 33040147x2 Spal 33040147x2 4 door power window switch kit from A1electric.com for $119 total including shipping. Wired it in myself, cut holes in console for mounting and then mounted rear switches next to rear doors in pillar. Finished product looks like this:

I still haven't figured out door locks. Want just keyless entry like bulldog cheapo, but can't figure out which wiring method is needed for oem 2 wire door actuators. Any help appreciated.
Hey, I like where you put the back switches...that's cool place...I had the rear power window switch left over from when i bought a whole center console. they were factory, on the back side of Center armrest...
What do you mean wiring method for oem actuators? Do you have Factory power lock/latches already in the doors?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

I traded my no power half doors for full doors with power locks and windows. I have no harnesses for power locks to go through computer. I just have wires from power doors; 2 for actuators and 2 for door lock switches. From my research I guess these oem actuators use either positive signal or negative signal when wired through computer on vehicle. Bulldog keyless entry shows 3 different types of lock wiring, but since they are assuming it is already wired through car computer none of schemes takes into account just the 2 wires coming from my lock actuators. Bulldog has built in relays, but again I'm not sure how to hook up to my 2 wires. I'm attaching Bulldogs wiring guide for my 2007 jk, but it assumes you are wiring into an already working lock system that runs through jeep computer. I just want to wire directly to my locks. I've seen relay wiring, but still not sure they r necessary with the bulldog kit cause it has on board relays.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1012816495.jpg
Views:	2552
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	421388   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3344337999.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	421389   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3574880496.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	421390   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2919478972.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	421391  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

I traded my no power half doors for full doors with power locks and windows. I have no harnesses for power locks to go through computer. I just have wires from power doors; 2 for actuators and 2 for door lock switches. From my research I guess these oem actuators use either positive signal or negative signal when wired through computer on vehicle. Bulldog keyless entry shows 3 different types of lock wiring, but since they are assuming it is already wired through car computer none of schemes takes into account just the 2 wires coming from my lock actuators. Bulldog has built in relays, but again I'm not sure how to hook up to my 2 wires. I'm attaching Bulldogs wiring guide for my 2007 jk, but it assumes you are wiring into an already working lock system that runs through jeep computer. I just want to wire directly to my locks. I've seen relay wiring, but still not sure they r necessary with the bulldog kit cause it has on board relays.

So do you already have the Wire Harness similar to what's in the pics, connected or are yu looking for a 2 wire Mopar wire harness that goes in the door. the harness that plugs in up under dash on both driver and pass side? I got a guy i get Mopar oem connector Harness kit pretty cheap...from 2 way to 40 way......if you want a factory wiring circuit diagram, send your email so i can send it to you...it won't load on here...

Attachment 421410Attachment 421411
Old 02-12-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

If you happen to be talking about connecting Aftermarket Door Locks to the Jeeps Original Wiring for the Locks, That wouldn't be a good idea and the Can Bus system will freak out....LOL...the Can Bus network has some control on the power locks etc...

Quick Reply: Wiring Power Doors on Non-Power Equipped JK 4dr