Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring Rubi 44 in Unlimited writeup

Old 05-25-2017, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by resharp001
I am by no means suggesting that this is worth $53, but you can buy the clip with wires -

Mopar Performance P5155359: Wiring Harness Allows Locker Axles To Be Powered | JEGS

To expand on what I was saying last night.....if you're just talking about how to hook the wires to the plug at the diff. That little plug is just a bridge basically. if you undo the bolt holding it to the diff and pull it out, you will see the locker actually plus in to the bottom side of it. That little plastic "bridge" that connects the wires inside the diff to the wires outside it costs like $25-$27 IIRC. The cheapest solution would be to remove that plug from the diff, hardwire 6" or so of wire to each connector in the plug, and then fill the plug in with epoxy. Once cured, just reinstall that in the diff and you now have some pigtails that you can connect to the rest of your wiring. If you ever need to remove the axle, you can separate the pic tail from the rest of your wiring that goes to the switch.

If that piece was not replaceable, I might be a little more hesitant to suggest this route, but considering you could easily replace that in the future if need be, it's not a big deal.

I didn't bother messing with the plug for the plunger. My sPOD switches don't have the second light that illuminates when the switch is not active, so there was no reason for me to wire that up.

Thanks, I just picked up a Spod to simplify the installation. I'm going to cut just below the plug and install bullet connectors in case I have to remove the axle. I was wondering where the indicator wire went but you explained it. I'm terrible with electrical but never had zapped myself or burnt anything down but managed to wire all auxiliary items on my Jeep's and trucks.
Thanks again fellas

Quick Reply: Wiring Rubi 44 in Unlimited writeup