Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring up a winch...any suggestions?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring up a winch...any suggestions?

I'm still in the learning-by-doing stages, also known as budweiser-education...

I'm installing and wiring up a winch for the first time. What is the most common way out there to wire in a switch? Any tips, advice or pics would me much appreciated.

Man, I love this forum. Thanks to all you folks out there who take the time to help your fellow-Jeepers!

Cheers!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SORRY NO PICTURES what i did is ran some corigated wire protector over the wire ran the cable up into the eng comparment by the pass side headlight behind the air filter box then used a alum "L" bracket to mount the battery isolator s/w (any auto part store $8.00) 300 amp w/removable key this way when you dont need it their is no power to it mount it to the qt panel buy the hinge the neg - hooks right to the battery the pos + goes to one side of the s/w get a battery connection cable (any auto part store $20.00) run that from the other side of the s/w behind the battery to the pos + on the battery use corigated wire protector over any parts that you see as a rub point the last thing you want is your winch NOT to work when you need it shit i just read what i wrote thats why im not a teacher pictures are nice 4 pictures would eliminate all this shit i wrote i will ask the son if he can post them we ran his winch the same way as mine now i have seen some ran right through the grill i prefer a clean look
Old 09-06-2008, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pictures of this? I'm about to do this for the first time as well! What is the s/w you are referring to?
Old 09-07-2008, 01:50 AM
JK Freak

ok i tryd to post the picture and "W T F " but this is the s/w http://www.quadratec.com/products/99966_00.htm and if you go to MY ALBUM i got a picture in their the picture is worth a thousand words you can see how i ran it hope this helps pm me i can add more to my album

Last edited by JMP8562; 09-07-2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: [IMG]http://www.jk-forum.com/picture.php?albumid=314&pictureid=1544[/IMG]
Old 09-07-2008, 02:01 AM
JK Freak

ok try this it's a link but if you copy and paste it i think it will work

Last edited by JMP8562; 09-07-2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: lol now if i can rember what the hell i just did lol lol

Quick Reply: Wiring up a winch...any suggestions?