Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Build thread on my 2012 JKU Rubicon

Old 09-13-2017, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NTHINUF - sorry I tend to get long winded when I try and explain stuff I guess. I'll keep it simplified from here on. Thanks for the advice, I will look into the budget boost stuff.

JKFORLIFE - Thanks. I don't plan on going crazy with stuff. Just small stuff here and there. From what I've seen a 2-2.5 will get it sitting about how I want it.

THE DIRTMAN - I appreciate the advice, and I am mainly wanting the lift to improve the stance on the jeep. When I look at it it looks squished down if that makes any sense.

RESHARP001 - I was thinking 3" would be a little much for what the jeep will be doing 99% of the time. I have really been considering the quadratec 2" coil spacer lift with fox shocks. Part # 16116 0311. Does anyone have this or know anything about it?

Thanks again all that have responded. I do appreciate it.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:58 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by Kludt
NTHINUF - sorry I tend to get long winded when I try and explain stuff I guess. I'll keep it simplified from here on. Thanks for the advice, I will look into the budget boost stuff.
I think what he was inferring was that you have these questions in your build thread, which might not get as much traffic as if you started a new thread with the questions in the Modified section. Unless a users is looking at the "what's new" where they see all new threads updated since their last visit, one would have to dig in to the Member Build threads to run across your post. That's all.

Originally Posted by Kludt
I have really been considering the quadratec 2" coil spacer lift with fox shocks. Part # 16116 0311. Does anyone have this or know anything about it?
Y, adding a spacer ("puck") to the top of your factory springs is going to be a budget friendly option and probably suitable for your described use. Mind you I'm not saying this is perfect, but it would work for you. Realize that as you lift the jeep, regardless of via a puck or a new spring, there is a chain reaction of things that happen. Your front axle will scoot a tad to the driver’s side, and your rear axle a tad to the passenger side unless you address those. I’d guess maybe they move 3/16” to ¼” with a 2-2.5” boost? Not end of the world, but be aware. The lift will also decrease your caster a touch. By improving the look of the jeep to your desire, you will be making it drive worse than stock……hence Dirtman’s suggest of throwing a ¾” spacer up front and calling it a day.

The Quadratec boost you are asking about is nothing more than 4 shocks (~$340 value) with 4 pucks and front bumpstops ($160 value). That little package doesn’t include drop brackets for your brake lines, rear bump stops, or longer rear sway bar links which you'd probably want to add. I'd say address your caster as well.....and address re-centering your axles if that bugs you.

Quick Reply: Build thread on my 2012 JKU Rubicon