Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

First JK Build, Long Time Jeeper

Old 08-07-2016, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyB
I like your bumper design. Would you be willing to share the CAD file? The ideas around the tabs to keep the bend lines straight are great.
I sent you a PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

In addition to my JK I have a YJ. It's some what of an old school build. Pre LS fuel injected crate V8(RamJet 350), Custom Alcans with offset center pins for a little stretch, hydro assist, ARBs, d44/d60, atlas etc. it does the heavy lifting in the rocks. Jk is more for trail riding, camping, rocks, sand, general purpose, etc. it'll be skid plated up like its going to play in the rocks because I know better than not to.

Anyhow, I've been working on it recently getting it back into shape. Fuel line, motor mount, air line repair, couple new lights, new seat belts, brake booster grommet. Odds and ends.

I'll be back to the JK SOON.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2299437362.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	654152  
Old 08-09-2016, 01:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would almost trade my jk for that yj. Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using MAGIC
Old 08-09-2016, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Second round skid are test fit is going well. Still need to run it up the ramp and see if this one rubs the axle or not. It's a full inch narrower at the front so it should clear.

Name:	image-1740290022.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	654272  
Old 08-09-2016, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by durffjk
I would almost trade my jk for that yj. Good work! Sent from my iPhone using MAGIC
Thank you, I haven't done near all the work in this jeep. Some was done when my dad originally bought it, some was done over time by a friend of ours and for the last couple since its been mine I've done some more. It's been in a constant state of change since day one. The latest real upgrades are the beadlocks, 38" SSR tires which are awesome in the rocks and pretty good on the road, seats that I hate and belts that are getting replaced with real Simpson harnesses. Its getting a ton of stuff rewired and old wiring that's not in uses gutted. I'll probably build a panel for it with all the circuits nice and orderly. Ignition key, start button, e fan, OBA, ARB compressor and locker switches, lights possibly including blinkers and what not(I have a future goal of getting it back street legal).
Old 08-09-2016, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Once again a clean looking design for the skid plate. So jealous of the CNC plasma cutter that you get to play around with.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

So far so good on the jk skid not hitting anything. I think ill leave it on a while before pulling it and welding it all out. I might even just cut a second one and weld it out finish it up and get it coated and everything before swapping it with the test fit skid.

Did some more YJ work today. Wiring clean up galore. I used to have to tell people in the passenger,"watch your feet one of those wires might be important." Not any more! I have 2 wires that had been trail fixed by shoving them into a fuse slot and that's all I have left to fix under the dash.

The old YJ harness sections no longer in use are taped, wrapped up into bundles and tied out of the way, the excess ARB harness is pulled into the engine bay for better routing and cutting it down to the right length, extra wires that literally went nowhere in either end are all cut out. I'm really shooting for cleaning this up and making it right.

Engine bay still needs a lot of work.

Name:	image-943759509.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	654346   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-961094276.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	587.5 KB
ID:	654347  
Old 08-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We really like the look of your front bumper. It looks ready for some serious business with that winch!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MagnaFlow
We really like the look of your front bumper. It looks ready for some serious business with that winch!
Thank you. I think I just decided what muffler will replace the giant trash can under the back of my jeep.

Last edited by TheRealTechJeeper; 08-11-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheRealTechJeeper
Thank you. I think I just decided what muffler will replace the giant trash can under the back of my jeep.
If you have any questions, let us know!

Quick Reply: First JK Build, Long Time Jeeper