Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Mistress to the shop

Old 07-10-2017, 09:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mistress to the shop

On my 5th jeep. First one was a 73 wageneer. Now have a 2011 Jk with 56k on it. Been helping family for a lot of years and guess what - Me Me Me Me Me. About 4 to 5 years from retirement and said going to pop my rocks on what I can. So bought the Jk new from dealer in 2011 and got the first Northridge 4x4 sold.
Knew I could not afford to upgrade at the time so took the package because I could afford the payment.
Came with -
Aev rims
Goodyear M/t 33"
Teriflex leveling springs
Jks quick disconnects - front sway bar
Grab handles

Mid life
added
Mopar cool air intake
Blisten shocks (oh what an improvement)
Dynomax exhaust (oh what the sound)
Went to an Northridge open house and got a warn elite front winch bumper at 50% off. (was a return and had a scratch in a weld) was only missing plastic warn pieces on front. So added after a time warn elite rear bumper with tire carrier.
Traded plastic bumpers to a shop (they needed for a customer) and he cut and bent the metal for a stinger. My son working at a body shop welded on a custom front stinger.
Added a hi lift mount and jack to back bumper.

Couple of years and just want to get back into going off road. Biggest hang up was not wanting to bend the front dana 30 axle. Know it takes some doing but when the budget is limited to oil changes and are cheaper than replacing something broken.
Did get question at dealer once if I had been taking the jeep off road and said NO. Took me back and saw the sticks and tree branches stick out the bottom. And the service rep asked Hey didn't your kid just get his licensee. But but but dad it is a jeep. Yeah life lessons are fun.

Ok did lots or research and looked at the budget, talked to Northridge probably too much but they were very nice and smiled when I came in and drooled. Maxx was so professional in when talking to him to what was the best path. Eric was a great help (but he is too loud and noisy) LOL.
Had the jeep paid off for over a year but the title was yeah we sent it out and ---- turns out the title and the replacement was sent to dealership who filed it away. They ware so cool when they found out holding the the title. So back to getting close to requirement and being all about me. Went to Navy federal and have great credit score. Something about sticking to oil changes and and not breaking anything (If you read this yes I am talking about you son) . Took a loan out again the title and it will be paid off in lest than two years.

Got a small bonuses from work and to save labor installed the warn 10 s zeon winch, and AVE 3.5 dual sport lift with geometric kit , sucked it rain the first 4 days of my vacation while trying to install lift in the driveway. LOD rock sliders. Supperchip taildash 2. One mistake I did do was was install a K&N snorkel. The shop where my son used to work at (they are going to paint his car) so took the work to them and they installed the bushwacker fenders, artic industry inter fender well splach plates (had rhino lined) and snorkel. Turns out the snorkel is not worth the money (and was removed the day after being installed) and they had to cut fender and splash plate to make fit. Going to have to live with how they cut the fender and repaired with out having to have welded up and repainted. Bought a new set of splash plates and only have to replace the right rear section. If anyone wants a new set of artic industry vented splashed plates with all new hard ware and rhino lined (but right side rear is cut to fit snorkel ) let me
know.

Ok enough about me
Now the mistress is at the shop
BF goodrich TKO 35" (mounting and balancing included in tire price because bought the tire from Northridge)
Ten factory
5:13 gears
and axle shafts
Artic industry armor front and rear
know upgrading a dana 30 but build cost of replacing with 44 and yeah we only have so much to get what is best, live in wash st with snow and ice, to me the best combo for the money
Poison spider dif covers
Detroit true lockers (front and rear)
Jks front track bar
Upgraded brake shoes. (Wanted the larger disk but had to take off the table because it took me out of budget for front axle sleeves) Sleeves are kinda over kill With running only 35's but wanted that warm wet fuzzy feeling ok it is better.
Adam front and rear driveshafts
Dynatrac ball joints again over kill but in 100k miles they will say not me and for only 3oo buck more.
snyergy steering brace (wanted the arb air compressor but Eric (who is to loud) LOL said spare tire verses broken steering
Last thing to install when it get back from shopi it the rockhard oil pan skid plate. (was not installed because it would have to be removed when doing shop work, at hundred buck a pop can wait)
build is around 11.5K not pocket change. Just gott'a empty every pocket

Dream list
win lottery
Aev snorkel
metal fenders
upgrade everything
yep that is about it
have to learn on how to upload pictures (ok how to abuse teck savy tech son who likes to drive jeep)
Old 01-20-2018, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since last post kid helped with uploading pictures. Bushwacker fenders are nice if you do not plan on going off road. Should have saved my money. Now got ARB twin air compressor and 6 switch spod installed. Next is to replace front fender and poison spider flares front and rear. 2 months will have spod paid off. Got the ARB on a black friday sale so it was go for it or wait.
Go

Quick Reply: Mistress to the shop