Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

My Wife's Mild Recon Buildup

Old 03-04-2018, 03:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

On our trip to Moab this year, we had our Jeep, one of my long-time wheeling buddies in a stock 4-door tacoma, and another good friend in a stock Honda Pioneer 1000. We did all those trails listed above in all 3 vehicles, but it takes some serious spotting when you're dealing with taking a stock vehicle with a rear-locker through some of those trails. We only winched the Tacoma and Honda once too. Here's a video of our first day on Fins N Things:

And, here's a few pics from that same day. It's a great trail to start on with folks that have never been to Moab.

Chris
Old 03-04-2018, 06:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Nope, it's 2,137 miles away so all I see is what folks post of their Moab adventures. It's on the short list though.
it would be worth the trip. plenty of trails and scenery from easy enough to do in a 2wd car to hard enough to trash your buggy running 40's. It truly is the Mecca for jeepers.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Here's a quick video of the driver's side rear door sound deadening:

Chris
Old 03-12-2018, 02:35 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys,

I got a large portion of the rear floorboard done using the Dynamat Xtreme yesterday. Here's a quick video:

Chris
Old 03-12-2018, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks for the updates!
Old 03-12-2018, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent posts and pictures.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys,

I just got back from a trip to Ouray, Lake City, and Telluride this weekend, and the Jeep squeaked obnoxiously the whole trip. All the chitter chatter rocks no matter what speed I hit them at the squeaking was endless. One thought was maybe it was crap lodged in between the sliders and the body, and somebody said it might be the suspension joints. All control arms are stock except I do have Metal Cloak LCA's up front to correct the caster. Someone recommended using a silicone spray on all the suspension joints, which I plan to do. Greasing them, as well. Anybody else have experience with this too and found a different solution, by chance? Thanks in advance for the help,

Chris
Old 08-21-2018, 08:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Have you tried just grabbing it and rocking it back and forth by hand? Can you reproduce the squeaking that way to help pinpoint it? I have a harder time thinking it's control arm bushings and such as much as it is probably shocks. I get to chasing squeaks from time to time.....going so far as to question body mount bushings. Always seems to be my shocks. They aren't noisy all the time, but when they are, it really annoys me.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

I haven't yet, but I will. Yeah, it was ridiculous this whole trip. Thanks for the help,

Chris
Old 08-25-2018, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Right now I'm running 35's, but I'll switch up to 37's. It's a 2017 Rubicon Recon with Auto tranny, and it's a complete pig. It constantly shifts down to 3rd gear all the time running at high speed on the hwy...super annoying. I'm leaning towards 5.38's, but is there any reason not to run that low of a gear set on these, other than the obvious pinion size?

Chris

Quick Reply: My Wife's Mild Recon Buildup