Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Ole Tink - RCO 2 Door Build

Old 04-09-2016, 03:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking jeep. Looks tougher now!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Favorite jeep out there. Follow you guys on Instagram and am always going back to check out pictures over and over
Old 04-18-2016, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by agrothe
Favorite jeep out there. Follow you guys on Instagram and am always going back to check out pictures over and over
Thank you very much! I need to post some more but I've been slacking! I appreciate you following along!

Marcus
Old 12-15-2016, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor

Wow...I just realized I'm a few updates behind on the thread.

After Moab and a few local runs I knew something had to give on the six speed situation and lack of power with that 2.72:1 transfer case. The clutch exploded the week after the Wolf Caves run while I was driving it in town. Replaced the clutch with a cheap stock clutch for a TJ from the parts store. The new clutch is much better than the stock JK clutch. Has a better pedal feel and seems to be holding up nicely.

When the clutch had let go, I started looking at motors again, but I didn't want the Jeep to be down that long. So I looked at Atlas transfer cases, but decided with a motor somewhere in the future that didn't make sense. I picked up a Rubicon transfer case for a steal of a deal and swapped it in next. HUUUUUGE improvement. I am actually enjoying the six speed until we get into really technical situations, but even then is isn't nearly as sketchy as it was with the stock transfer case.

While installing the transfer case I noticed that the exhaust was rubbing on the gas tank on the very front inside corner and there was a nice melted mark. I cut all of the exhaust out and took it over to Muffin Muffler here in town for a rework. They were backed up so I left it with my buddy Robert from Just Jeeps to see if he could figure out the electrical draw and tail light flash I'd been chasing. They tore the Jeep apart and tested every wire until they found the problem. It ended up being the damn gauge cluster! Pulled the fuse and no more flash, no more draw. Cheap fix. lol

We went to Wolf Caves last weekend for their Purple Santa Toy Run and hit a few trails. It was a brisk 45* out all day with occasional misting rain and wind, but we had a killer time. This park is absolutely phenomenal and you should definitely add it to your bucket list of wheeling areas in the south. I have run the DOT Treps anywhere from 0 - 10 PSI with about the same results. They work REALLY well with 2 - 3 PSI in them, but the trade off is smacking the wheels on the rocks. Its hard to listen to the wheels pinging when you have to bump up something. I ran them at 7 on Saturday and they did ok, but left a lot to be desired compared to watching my buddies on 43" stickies walk stuff that I was having all kinds of problems with wheel spin on.

So...I came home and ordered stickies on Monday. Drove up to Dallas on Tuesday to grab some Savvy doors that a friend of mine found and picked up the tires while I was there. I bashed one of my Mopar doors on a rock and somehow didn't do any damage, so figured it was a good time for a great deal on some trail doors. LOL

Here are some pics from the wheeling out at Wolf Caves!

This is Cake Walk and the rest of these pictures are from this part of the trail. I was the only one who had to winch...I will have my revenge. Ha ha!

Here are a few more pics from the to top that help show the angles. The front end got really light at one point so I went ahead and winched. I'll upload the videos to YouTube and post them later on.

Last edited by RiverCityOffroad; 10-05-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Sweet! That place looks great!
Old 12-19-2016, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one mean jeep! It looks like a blast to drive out there on the trail! We have to say we are really liking the black and gold scheme.

Last edited by MagnaFlow; 12-19-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Very nice build. Well done.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor

It's been a while! I just fixed all of the Photobucket links and here is some more content and updates!

First run on the stickies at Wolf Caves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8SbAEBpc_Y Here's a quick and dirty to catch the thread up.

I swapped from RK03101 coils out back (2.5") for some RK02002 (3.5") coils and adjusted the CO's up so it would sit level. It is way too tall IMO, but I needed some ground clearance at the frame and wanted to be able to carry a little speed in the two track out in Moab this year (EJS last March). This was the easy way to accomplish it without cutting the mounts off the axles and re-doing everything. I'll tweak it more in the future, but here we are for now.

Before:

After:

Not much height difference between the two now. Ha ha!

She's got some wheel travel.

Here are some more pics from Wolf Caves after the suspension changes and stickies.

Last edited by RiverCityOffroad; 10-05-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor

https://youtu.be/OmcW0EWyobE

Last edited by RiverCityOffroad; 10-05-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgA...ature=youtu.be

I believe this was somewhere on Metal Masher in Moab. That was a fun trail!

Last edited by RiverCityOffroad; 10-05-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Ole Tink - RCO 2 Door Build