Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build

Old 04-02-2017, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the OVERT (Offroad Vehicle Emergency Response Team) appliqués and sticker for the spare tie cover. These are 3M reflective making the vehicle very visible at night, along with the green strobes. Helps identify us better when encountering other first responders. We're a young organization that has recently received both NC State approval as well as at the Federal level. For now we're only operating in North Carolina but will eventually spread to other states once all protocols and procedures get fully established.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-01-2017, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Range day with a new toy, that matches my truck.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-12-2017, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ReconJeep

Swapped out the dome light bulbs to red led ones. No more getting blinded at night.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

I've been trying to find some red LED's for my dome lights like yours for my red jku, but haven't yet. where did you get yours and was it plug and play install?
Old 05-12-2017, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iron53man
I've been trying to find some red LED's for my dome lights like yours for my red jku, but haven't yet. where did you get yours and was it plug and play install?
LEDpartsNow Jeep Wrangler JK 2007-2015 RED Premium LED Interior Lights Package Kit (5 Pieces) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IGNPHVK..._4HFfzb4YRBTGV

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-16-2017, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got the Off-Road Evolution exhaust skid plates for long arm kits. I get Evo skids because they're well thought out, minimalistic, and trail tested. I hate larger skid plates that accumulate crud and heat. I had to trim one of the corners a bit so it would butt up against the TJM fuel tank skid. Fits like a charm. They make another wider one for JKs that don't have long arm kits and use the factory brackets.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-19-2017, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roof Molle

Love the Metal Molle setups and thanks for a ton of inspiration been following the build for some time now. Would you have a link to order the Molle platforms Would love to install one in the front and rear above seating for some storage!
Old 05-20-2017, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ttephotos
Love the Metal Molle setups and thanks for a ton of inspiration been following the build for some time now. Would you have a link to order the Molle platforms Would love to install one in the front and rear above seating for some storage!
Look up alanjk427 or Molle Platform Solutions on eBay. He also has a web page but, he's mainly on eBay. He will customize it if you need something special. Great guy to deal with.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-20-2017, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Added the PSC cooler because my steering would stiffen up on hot days. Had to fab up a mount due to the fact that I have the Bolt hood lock. The PSC mount they sell is for two coolers and I have no use for the second one. Like always I remembered to take pics after I finished the job. :(

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-26-2017, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Went down to the local 4Wheel Parts because they have a ramp and they let you use it anytime. I wanted to check travel and any rubbing issues since the last mods. Good thing is nothing rubs or gets in the way. Adjust bump stops are perfect. The bad thing is the travel is pretty pathetic. Mainly due to short shocks. May have to swap out shocks down the road.

Last edited by ReconJeep; 05-26-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I mages from this weekends ride at Big Creek Rock in North Carolina. I love this place because it's on private land. The JK is really starting to become an amazing trail rig. Really got to push it hard and it performed flawlessly.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Quick Reply: ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build