Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

TusknRaidr - Jeep JK Build

Old 06-09-2015, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TusknRaidr - Jeep JK Build

I have poured over so many of the builds on JK-Forum and having now owned my Jeep JK for almost a year its time to start having some fun with it. The builds that I have watched have given me tons of inspiration. This build, while taking inspiration from so many of you guys, is my family and I. So its going to be built to suit our lifestyle.

List of mods so far
  • Removed the weirdo silver plastic parts Jeep puts on the Sahara bumpers (I'll post some pictures of it with them off - looks way better)
  • Installed an AntennaX 13" stubby Antenna.
  • Removed the chrome Jeep logo & replaced it with a flat black Jeep logo
  • Installed front & rear WeatherTech floor liners

List of Mods waiting installation

Currently looking into wheels & tires right now - I'd love to hear your thoughts. Right now I'm thinking about Method Race Wheels with 33" Goodyear Duratracs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tuskenraider1.jpg
Views:	2167
Size:	719.2 KB
ID:	614178   Click image for larger version

Name:	tuskenraider2.jpg
Views:	1973
Size:	679.1 KB
ID:	614179  

Last edited by TusknRaidr; 10-20-2015 at 04:35 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

I have a few minor mods so far that I'll post about, but until then. Here's a photo. More photos on my Instagram account @TusknRaidr

Name:	closeup.jpg
Views:	1690
Size:	597.5 KB
ID:	614551  
Old 06-13-2015, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the color, can't wait to see how it turns out. Subscribed.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default AntennaX - 13" Off-Road Antenna

Thought I'd do a quick post about the AntennaX 13" Off-Road Antenna I installed a while back.

First of all, its cheap. At $17 its probably one of the cheaper things you can do to your Jeep. Even when I paid the freight to Canada it was under $25 US.

Second, its super easy to install (as one would expect an antenna replacement to be). Here's a step-by-step photo walk-through of the installation.

If you can't figure it out from the photos simply grab a pair of vice grips or pliers and remove the existing antenna. Then unpack the new AntennaX, pop one side of the double-sided screw into the stubby antenna and as you tighten it onto the Jeep's antenna mount it will tighten itself together.

Again, its really really easy and it looks so much better than the long skinny stock antenna. And functionally speaking its a major win to - those of you who get into tight bush know how much these things get knocked around by branches and other brush, thats all eliminated with this.

I totally recommend it.

Name:	2-AntennaX-JeepJK-Installation.jpg
Views:	1438
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	615225   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-AntennaX-JeepJK-Installation.jpg
Views:	1474
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	615226   Click image for larger version

Name:	6-AntennaX-JeepJK-Installation.jpg
Views:	1443
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	615227   Click image for larger version

Name:	7-AntennaX-JeepJK-Installation.jpg
Views:	1441
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	615228   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-AntennaX-JeepJK-Installation.jpg
Views:	1424
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	615229  

Old 06-18-2015, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

Here are a few more images to show how awesome the AntennaX 13" Off-Road Antenna is.

Before and After. Looks so much better

And here is a side-by-side comparison of the stock antenna vs. the 13" stubby.

Name:	1-AntennaX-JeepJK-Installation.jpg
Views:	1415
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	615230   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-AntennaX-JeepJK-Installation.jpg
Views:	1382
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	615231   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-AntennaX-JeepJK-Installation.jpg
Views:	1450
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	615232  
Old 10-20-2015, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

Just picked up some Method Race Wheels NV's for the Tusken Raider. I'm really really happy with them. Love the look and I'm pretty sure I'm going to wrap them with BFG All-Terrain KO2's but I haven't pulled the trigger on those yet.

Name:	methods-2.jpg
Views:	1331
Size:	359.2 KB
ID:	627856   Click image for larger version

Name:	methods.jpg
Views:	1354
Size:	379.0 KB
ID:	627857  
Old 10-21-2015, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

You will love them for sure I have Method Hole wheels with Khumo's and man I get a lot of compliments since so many people run the typical setups with Nitto's. Really like the Kumhos they have a wider foot print then the typical 315 or 35 really sets off the Method rims since there 8.5 instead of 9inch wide you can see how it helps protect the rim face with the extra rubber.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lugnut74
You will love them for sure I have Method Hole wheels with Khumo's and man I get a lot of compliments since so many people run the typical setups with Nitto's. Really like the Kumhos they have a wider foot print then the typical 315 or 35 really sets off the Method rims since there 8.5 instead of 9inch wide you can see how it helps protect the rim face with the extra rubber.

Love how those Methods look on your Jeep. And I can't wait to get mine wrapped in some rubber. What size tires are those tires? I've never heard of Khumo's. Right now I'm leaning towards the BFG KO2. I was thinking about the Goodyear Duratracs but I keep hearing/reading stories about poor wear patterns.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

They are 315/70/R17 very popular around the area I live a lot of people report getting 40-50k miles on a set and there also a lot cheaper plus directional tread for traction. Discount Tire price matched them on line with free shipping at $250 a tire was a great price compared to Nitto and Mickey Thompsons. They are super quiet that's usually the first comment someone says when were out on the road. I had Nitto Trail grapplers on my old FJ and they road like bricks and a lot more noisy which is why I took a chance on the Khumo's so far very happy with them.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lugnut74
They are 315/70/R17 very popular around the area I live a lot of people report getting 40-50k miles on a set and there also a lot cheaper plus directional tread for traction. Discount Tire price matched them on line with free shipping at $250 a tire was a great price compared to Nitto and Mickey Thompsons. They are super quiet that's usually the first comment someone says when were out on the road. I had Nitto Trail grapplers on my old FJ and they road like bricks and a lot more noisy which is why I took a chance on the Khumo's so far very happy with them.

Yeah, noise is definitely one of my concerns. This is still a daily driver for me so I want to make sure that I'm not losing my mind listening to the drone of beefy tires during my commute every day. I'll definitely take your advice and look into these things. Thanks again @Lugnut74!

Quick Reply: TusknRaidr - Jeep JK Build