Notices
JK Member Write-Ups Consolidation of all current information from 'Member Writeups which includes JK Garage - Member Builds, Jeeping Lifestyle, JK Write-Ups)

Key Fob and remote start

Old 09-08-2019, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Fob and remote start

I have a 2015 JK Rubicon Hard Rock and have been having issues with the key fob since I bought the car. It first started when I noticed that I could not lock the car with the alarm key during the winter if the Jeep was parked on the street. If I parked the car in a garage, it would work fine.
Then, I noticed I could start the car with the remote start but could not unlock the Jeep with the fob. I had to manually opened the door which set the alarm off.
Now I cannot even lock the car with the alarm fob but I can unlock it.
I have taken the Jeep to the dealership 5 times since 2015 to complain about it. Each time they cut me a new key and it worked well for the first 3 to 5 months. Then, it went back to the same issue. They also even changed the radio frequency (I’m not sure what the correct technical name is) that receives the signal from the fob. It also did not fix the issue for good. I have also changed the batteries several times and it did not work for good either. Sometimes I feel the key fob has a horrific design. I’m on the verge of stripping this freaking alarm and installing a new after market system.
Do you guys have any suggestions?
Old 07-13-2022, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know if any BXXXX DTCs are set pertaining to this? You may just need to "sync" the wireless control module, but a capable scan tool is required. Locksmiths usually can do this, if it is still under warranty, ask the stealership to perform the required programming...

Quick Reply: Key Fob and remote start